Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My Neglected Inner Teenage Girl

In high school, I tried to become a tomboy. Gone was the little girl who loved when her mother put her in frilly, flowery dresses. Wearing dresses and skirts seemed to require a confidence I didn't have then, and the potential exposure of my knock knees didn't help. Jeans and a t-shirt became my uniform. A change of season only required a change in the length of the t-shirt sleeves.

Tracy Reese and Diane Von Furstenberg know just how I'm feeling. The teenage girl inside me who missed out on cute spring dresses and skirts that would swing just so demands attention. She squeals with delight whenever I visit Forever21 or Delias.com or Alloy.com or Wetseal.com (obviously she squeals often). She can't wait for spring to come (just over two weeks away now!) and she can't wait to wear a few of these fetching items:




























Of course to support this habit, I'll need to go to work. I can be grown and girly in these:















No comments: