Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Wedge Between Us

A dear friend told me that I walk with such confidence when I wear heels that she would never know they hurt my feet. I take that as a huge compliment. Although many of my beloved high heels start out fine or when I'm severely deluded great, towards the end of a work day or a night out I often contemplate walking shoeless on the streets of New York. What is a 5'3 (some would say 5'2) girl to do? Heels are the great equalizer for me in a world of tall men and a worthy tool in the battle against the general assumption that I'm fresh out of high school. Heels mean power to me, so though my feet may pay the price and I have found flats to love I still need a lift.

The wedge beckons. It is height with less stress and these cry out "Buy me!":


No comments: