Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Be Prepared

It's official and I got a whiff of it last night: spring is here. There's still a chill in the air, but even that's different. Springtime and 30 degrees and winter and 30 degrees are different. Besides, the chill allowed me to wear my new vintage (ha!) navy blue dress with the neck ties and the full skirt. It's love for sure with the blue dress.

But, my fashion meter has been set to spring for months now. I know many of the cute shoes, pretty dresses, and gorgeous handbags that will thrill me over the next few months. What I don't have--in fact have been lacking for years-- is a great spring jacket. When the spring showers come, I'll be utterly unprepared. My kelly green winter coat kept me warm and upbeat every time I put it on, and I need something just as great for spring. A bit late you think? Better to have picked my spring jacket in the fall? Perhaps, but I have found a couple of contenders.

A khaki trench is classic and says I am a together, important woman (something I aspire to be). And will I be allowed to make this model/diva face when I wear it?:


















Or I can be more school girl cute and pretty as a picture in this:

















Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Bluenana said...

I must say: I'm SO HAPPY you bought that navy trench from Nordstrom. I can't wait to see it on you!