Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Suzy Homemaker

Sometimes, I think I was meant to be a 1950s housewife. Not the casserole making kind, but a woman fully invested in her kitchen. I love cooking, but I also love cooking implements. Zesters and strainers and ramekins excite me. I'm all for dressing up my closet but I also love dressing up my cupboard. The bright orange of a Le Creuset dish or the azur of an Emile Henry pasta bowl feels aspirational, but it's style that's attainable and built to last. They are two of the design powerhouses, probably the Yves Saint Laurent and Chanel of cookware (and just as French!). French and cooking, mais oui! But other Europeans (Scandinavians and Italians) catch my eye too. These make Suzy Homemaker want to have a dinner party.























































No comments: